Life Insurance provides basic protection for your loved ones if something happens to you. While many U.S. households have life insurance, the average amount of coverage is often inadequate to meet family needs or pay off debt. Taking advantage of life insurance coverage provided by the Court can be an important part of your financial security.
Compass Critical Illness Insurance through VOYA Financial is a limited benefit policy and is not health insurance. This policy pays a benefit on top of any health insurance benefits you currently receive. Critical illness insurance pays you a lump sum benefit upon diagnosis of a covered illness such as cancer, heart attack or stroke. Payments are made directly to you to cover copays and deductibles, at-home care or even you monthly bills. This policy also offers a Wellness Benefit, which provides a $150 reimbursement for covered health screenings.
- Voya Critical Illness Insurance
- Voya Critical Illness Rates
- Voya Critical Illness Brochure
- Critical Illness Physician Statement
- Authorization to Release Information
- Certificate of Coverage
This policy also offers a Wellness Benefit, which provides a $150 reimbursement for covered health screenings. The Wellness Benefit Rider is designed to encourage you to protect your health and well being by offering you the comfort of knowing that your Premier Critical Illness Insurance Policy can help with the costs of important medical and health screening tests.
The Compass Accident Insurance plan offered through VOYA Financial provides added protection for expenses related to an accident such as ER Visits, Doctors office visits, hospitalization or physical therapy. Specific injuries such as broken bones, burns, torn ligaments or ruptured disks are also eligible for benefits under this policy. Coverage is provided with no health questions, and is paid in addition to your medical coverage. Regular employees, their spouses and dependents may apply.
- Compass Accident/Specific Injury Insurance
- Compass Accident/Specific Injury Rates
- Compass Accident/Specific Injury Brochure
- Compass Accident Insurance Claim
- Certficate of Coverage
The Compass Accident Insurance policy also includes a Wellness benefit which gives a covered employee a single standard annual benefit of $100 for completing a health screening test. The covered spouse will receive a separate $100 amount once they complete a health screening test. The standard annual amount per covered child is 50% of the employee benefit amount, with a maximum of $200 in child benefits payable per calendar year.
In addition to any Basic Life Insurance Santa Barbara County Superior Court may provide, eligible employees may elect more coverage by enrolling in a Supplemental Term Life Insurance program through VOYA (formerly ING). Premiums are determined by your age and will be withheld from your paycheck.
For any amount elected after your initial eligibility period (31 days), you must provide Evidence of Insurability (EOI) and be approved for the amount elected.
- Life insurance can be purchased for yourself in amounts from $20,000 to $500,000 in $10,000 increments.
- Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage in the amount of $10,000 is included.
- While actively at work, benefit amounts reduce to 65% of original coverage at age 65, to 50% of original coverage at age 70, and to 30% of original coverage at age 75.
- Coverage is portable, if you change jobs or retire, you can keep your coverage until age 70.
- New Hire Guaranteed Issue Offer" – you can elect up to $150,000 of coverage during the initial eligibility period without providing proof of good health.
For your spouse
- If you are covered for Supplemental Life, you may apply for spousal coverage from $20,000 to $500,000 in $10,000 increments.
- Spouse/Domestic Partner coverage may not exceed 100% of the total amount of your Supplemental Life coverage.
- New Hire Guaranteed Issue Offer" – you can elect up to $50,000 of coverage during the initial eligibility period without providing proof of good health on your spouse.
For your Children
- If you are covered for Supplemental Life, you may apply for child life coverage in the amount of $5,000.or $10,000 Birth to age 19, to age 25 if full time student dependent.
- This benefit is limited to $1,000 for children in the first six months of life.
- New Hire Guaranteed Issue Offer" – you can elect up to $10,000 of coverage during the initial eligibility period without providing proof of good health on your children.
pERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE (pai)
- Outline of Coverage
- PAI Exclusions & Insurance Rates
All regular employees may enroll in voluntary Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) through VOYA (formerly ING). Premiums are based on a flat rate per $1,000 and will be withheld from your paycheck. Coverage can be elected for Employee only or Family (Spouse/Domestic Partner and Child). Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is not required for PAI.
Personal Accident Insurance provides additional protection for your loved ones in the event you are killed or severely injured in a covered accident. PAI can help you or your family deal with the expenses and financial obligations that arise in the wake of a serious accident.
- Coverage amounts from $25,000 to $300,000 in $25,000 increments not to exceed 10 times your annual salary.
- Benefit amounts reduce to 65% of original coverage at age 65, to 50% of original coverage at age 70, and to 30% of original coverage at age 75.
- Benefit ceases at retirement.
For your family
- Spouse/Domestic Partner - coverage amount equal to 50% of employee coverage.
- Child coverage is 10% of your benefit amount on your children age 6 months but less than 19 years, and full-time students less than 23 years.
Life insurance is an important part of your comprehensive benefits package – for peace of mind and the financial protection for you and your family in the event of death or a serious accident. All regular employees are enrolled in the Basic Life Insurance Program through ING at no cost to you.
- Estimate Your Life Insurance Needs
- A benefit that helps cover the unexpected, sudden costs associated with a death.
- This Basic Life Insurance Coverage is provided by the Santa Barbara County Superior Court at no cost to employees.
- This program is underwritten by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company
- Life Insurance Schedule of Benefits
CLASS 1: Department Heads, Board of Supervisors and Elected Officials
CLASS 2: Assistant Department Heads
CLASS 3: Middle Managers, Confidential and Unrepresented Units, Attorneys and Court Legal Research Assistants
CLASS 4: All other Eligible Employees in regular classified positions represented by SEIU Local 620 and CFI-TNG/CWA
- This plan includes an Accelerated Death Benefit. In the event of terminal illness, 50% of your benefit to a maximum of $25,000 may be requested to offset medical bills, plan finances, or whatever you choose.
- This plan includes a Disability Waiver of Premium Benefit. If you become totally disabled before age 60 and cannot work, the life insurance premiums may be waived. You must first satisfy certain conditions and only the Basic Life Insurance Premiums may be waived.
- The benefit reduces by 35% of the original amount on the date you become 70 and by 50% at age 75.
- Coverage will terminate at retirement.
- This coverage is convertible. If you terminate your employment you have an option to convert this coverage from a term policy to a whole life policy. Rates will change according to benefits and your age. To convert coverage, please call 800-955-7736.
This is a summary of benefits only. A complete description of benefits and limitations will be provided in the certificate of coverage. Underwritten by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company October 20, 2005.
All regular employees working over 20 hours per week are enrolled in Long Term Disability Insurance through ING. This benefit is paid for by the Court on your behalf. The monthly benefit percentage is 60% of monthly earnings. The minimum monthly benefit is $100 with maximum monthly benefits of $9,000. You must be disabled for 60 days before you can begin receiving LTD benefits.
- The Court provides a base amount to all eligible employees, which replaces a portion of your eligible income during disability following a waiting period.
- Group Disability Income Insurance is underwritten by ReliaStar Life Insurance Company, a member of the ING family
- Estimate Your Disability Insurance Needs
- Disability Insurance Schedule of Benefits
- Monthly Income Benefits
Travel Assistance PROGRAM
When traveling more than 100 miles from your home, this program offers you and your dependents four types of services: Pre-Trip Information, Emergency Personal Services, Medical Assistance Services and Emergency Transportation Services. For 24 hour assistance call 800.859.2851 or go online www.europassistance.com (User name: ing / Password: assistance)
These services are provided by Everest Funeral include online tools, 24 hour access to advisors, and concierge services at or near time of death. For more information call 800.456.5050.
CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES:
Superior Court Figueroa Division
118 East Figueroa Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Superior Court Cook Division
Santa Maria Office
312 E. Cook St. Bldg. E.
2nd Floor Rm. 242
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Phone: (805) 882-4739