SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
- In addition to any Basic Life Insurance Santa Barbara County
Superior Court may provide, eligible employees may elect more coverage
by enrolling in a Supplemental Term Life
- Your Supplemental Life coverage is portable. If you change jobs
or retire before the age specified in your certificate, you can keep
your coverage until age 70.
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance is underwritten by ReliaStar
- Apply for Supplemental Life coverage
from $10,000 to $500,000 in $10,000 increments, not to exceed 5 times
your annual salary.
- You are guaranteed 2 times your annual salary to a maximum of $80,000
Life coverage if you elect it during your intitial eligibility period. If you apply
for higher amounts of coverage, evidence of insurability satisfactory
to the insurance company must be provided.
- If you apply for Supplemental Life coverage outside of your intitial eligibility period, evidence of insurability satisfactory to the insurance company
must be provided.
- Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment
coverage in the amount of $10,000 is included.
- Personal Accident Insurance
(PAI) coverage from $25,000 to $300,000 (not to exceed 10
times your annual salary) in $25,000 increments is available.
employees actively at work, Supplemental Life, AD&D and PAI
benefit amounts reduce to 65% at age 65.
For Your Spouse:
- If you are covered for Supplemental Life, you may apply
for Dependent Spouse Life
coverage from $5,000 to $250,000 in $5,000 increments. If you apply for
Dependent Spouse Life coverage in excess of $10,000, or you apply
outside your intitial eligibility period, your spouse will need to provide
evidence of insurability satisfactory to the insurance company.
- Dependent Spouse Life coverage may not exceed 50% of the total
amount of employee Supplemental Life coverage.
For Your Children:
- If you are covered for Supplemental Life, you may apply for
Dependent Child Life coverage in the amount of $5,000.
- This benefit is limited to $1,000 for children
age birth to 6 months.
- If you apply for Dependent Child Life when you are first eligible,
no evidence of insurability on your children is required.
During intitial eligibility period or open enrollment:
- Complete the enclosed enrollment form(s) and the Evidence of Insurability
form (if necessary).
- Return forms to the HR office by
the enrollment deadline.
- For your convenience, premiums will be deducted
from your paycheck.
This is a summary of benefits only. A complete description of
benefits and limitations will be provided in the certificate of
Underwritten by ReliaStar
Life Insurance Company.(4/03)