SANTA BARBARA COURT INFORMATION SYSTEM
criminal case information
criminal case information
The Superior Court of California, County of Santa Barbara (referred hereafter as “COURT”) requires that you read, understand, and agree to the following terms and conditions for this web site (http://www.sbcourts.org) before use:
- You understand that the use of this web site to handle a criminal fine does not alter or extend any statutory deadlines. Thus, your failure to make any payment on time or other failure to meet any deadline will not be excused, even If caused by COURT’s error or any malfunction relating to this web site, and any applicable penalties, fines and interest levied or accruing as a result of such failure to pay on time or meet another deadline will apply.
3. In order to provide electronic public access to court information, COURT incurs technology development, maintenance, and operational expenses. Pursuant to California Rule of Court 2076 and Government Code Section 68150(h)2, COURT may impose fees for the costs of providing access to its electronic records. You understand that there is an e-Public Access service fee associated with the use of this web site to handle payments made through this site.
4. In consideration of your use of this web site, you agree to provide True, accurate, and current information. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, or not current, or If COURT has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or not current, COURT has the right to terminate your use of any services on this web site.
5. You understand and agree that COURT reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any services provided on this web site and any conditions of use with or without notice.
6. You understand and agree that COURT may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your access to this web site. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) discontinuance of services or content modifications to this web site, (d) technical problems or errors, and (e) extended periods of inactivity.
7. You understand and agree that the information and data provided by any section of this web site are being provided "as-is" without warranty of any kind, and that they may be subject to errors or omissions. To the extent permitted by applicable law, COURT disclaims all warranties, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, accuracy and fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The user acknowledges and agrees that neither COURT nor the County of Santa Barbara nor any other governmental agency, entity or body nor any vendor or service relating in any way to our online efforts is or will be liable in any way whatsoever for the accuracy or validity of the information provided.
8. In no event shall COURT, Santa Barbara County or any other governmental agency, entity or body or any vendor or service provider associated with any of our online efforts be liable for damages of any nature based on any theory of liability, including but not limited to contract, negligence or other torts (including intentional torts), including but not limited to damages for loss of property, loss of profits, lost, compromised or impaired claims, lost savings, lost fees, or any other damages whatsoever, arising out of or relating in any way to the use of this web site. Accordingly, you acknowledge and understand that you use this web site at your own risk and that your agreement to this Section 8 is a material inducement to COURT’s decision to make this web site available for your use.
9. For additional information or questions kindly contact us online at http://www.sbcourts.org/feedback.asp.