A A A 

Small Claims - Odyssey Guide & File

You may opt to electronically file your Small Claims case using the Guide & File program. The Guide & File program asks you a series of questions about your situation. The program uses your answers to prepare the form needed to file in Small Claims Court.

Before you complete the Guide & File program make sure you do not have any questions about your situation or the Small Claims process. Some of the most commonly asked questions:

  • Where do I file my paperwork? (Is this the right county?)
  • How do I name a business?
  • How do I sue a corporation?
  • Who is the agent for service of process for a corporation?

We strongly suggest you contact the Small Claims Advisor Program BEFORE you submit your paperwork.

The Legal Aid Foundation provides Small Claims Advisor services. Contact the Legal Aid Foundation: https://www.lafsbc.org/contact

Once you have completed your paperwork you have the option of submitting your completed form via e-file or to print your completed form to bring to the courthouse to file.

When you submit your forms by e-file you will need to pay the court filing fee (and the applicable e-file service fee) or complete and submit the fee waiver application and order forms. You may pay your filing fee and e-filing service fee by credit card or echeck. There is an additional service fee for paying by credit card or echeck.

IMPORTANT: E-filing your forms means you will need to check to make sure your forms were accepted for filing. Once your filing is accepted you will receive an email with a link to download a file-stamped copy of your document to have served on the party you are suing. If you do not receive an acceptance email within a few days, you should log into your account to check for acceptance. The completed proof of service (after the forms have been served) will need to be filed with the Court.

Odyssey Guide and File

Contact Information:

1100 Anacapa St.
2nd Floor
(805) 882-4520

South Santa Barbara County -- 
Carpinteria to Gaviota

9:00 am to 3:00 pm phone only


312 East Cook Street
Building E
Santa Maria, CA 93454

Cook Mailing Address:
312-C East Cook Street
Santa Maria, CA 93454
(805) 614-6414

The Santa Maria / Orcutt / Guadalupe / Los  Alamos / New Cuyama, the Lompoc / Vandenberg / Hollister Ranch / The Santa Ynez Valley, including Santa Ynez, Solvang, Los Olivos, Buellton and Ballard area of Santa  Barbara County.

9:00 am to 3:00 pm phone only

115 Civic Center Plaza
LOMPOC, CA 93436
(805) 737-5451

Effective 09/01/2013, the Lompoc and Solvang Divisions no longer process Small Claims documents. Small Claims documents should be submitted for filing at the Cook Division. See Venue information under Cook Division:
312-C East Cook St.
Santa Maria, CA 93454
(805) 614-6414

© Superior Court of the County of Santa Barbara
Locations & Contact Info | Court Security | Human Resources | Privacy Policy | ADA